Mobile Coupons by JCPenny
The large retailer JCPenny recently made its first move into mobile couponing by piloting a program in Houston with 16 stores. This is following a trend of successful mobile forays by companies like Starbucks and Domino’s Pizza. The would allow for redemption of mobile coupons at the point of sale (POS). That way as the phone never leaves people’s side it is easier to manage then clipping and saving paper coupons.
Neil Stother, an analyst at Forrester research , stated “”In a down economy, we’ve seen online couponing expand, and this is [a similar] extension to the mobile phone.” (Dillworth, 2009). While fast food and grocery companies have been the pioneers mobile is quickly emerging in other verticals and with the growth of online couponing the retailer wisely seeks to gain traction in that market.
The company has run mobile campaigns since 2007 but this new foray is meant to mostly maintain customer but will also work on awareness and some new customer acquisition. The channel is for younger consumers who do not use coupons. The redemption rate is higher as well being closer to 10-20% as opposed to 0.5% with traditional direct mailers (Dillworth, 2010). The brand acknowledges that it will need to work on training customers for this new foray into mobile.
Dilworth, D. (2009, September 25). Jcpenny takes coupons mobile. Retrieved from http://www.dmnews.com/jcpenney-takes-coupons-mobile/article/149790/
- How To Use Collective Buying Sites Like Groupon or Living Social for Events
- My Apologies WordPress, I’ve missed you!
- Empire Avenue – A Valuable Tool for Networking and Driving Traffic Online
- Article On The Value of Social Media for Non-Profts
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Blogs
- Affiliate Marketers Fight Against Texas Legislation That Could Put Them Out Of Business
- Home is where the ad is? – Startup Ad Company Pays Consumer Mortgages to Turn Whole Homes Into Ads
- Digital Coupons Drive Traffic
- Mobile Coupons by JCPenny
- 9-11 Tribute
- THE NEW DORK – Entrepreneur State of Mind (Jay-Z ft Alicia Keys Spoof) | grasshopper.com
- VSEO – Video Search Engine Optimization
- Music Videos from the Front Line (Armed Forces on YouTube) hilarious…
- The SEO Rapper… “Web Design, Best Practices”
- Twitter Has a Business Model
- Crunch Goes the Dragon’s Den
- Authors @ Google: Chris Anderson
- “FREE! THE FUTURE OF A RADICAL PRICE” explained by Author Chris Anderson
- Book, “The Long Tail” by Chris Anderson explained
- Come on over Jameson will buy you a drink! AdNectar Rolls Out New Engagement Goods
- Web 2.0 Video
- TOP 5 ADVERTISING TRENDS OF 2010
- How Math is Used by The Modern Marketer
- WATCH 2010 SUPER BOWL ADS
- Confessions of a Startup Junkie
- Know Your Role in Fixing the Economy
- Rappers in Hockey Masks are BETTER AT MARKETING THAN YOU!!!
- One Idea Guaranteed to Fix America’s Economy
- Project Management
- Feeling proud, sold 83 (goal is 100) coconut drink at farmers. (Not political post just feel like a retired prez)… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- @TMobile #WarForThePlanetOfTheApes name would be "Albert" after the names of the first 6 monkeys sent up in space. #TMobileTuesdays #Contest 3 months ago
- Albert II in honor of the first monkey in space. RIP Alberts 1-6 #TMobileTuesdays #Contest 3 months ago
- Come see @eatzumapoke at the #DavisFarmersMarket for poke and fresh #coconut. Cut fresh to order! #FunWithAMachete… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 months ago
- @marcuslemonis @marcuslemonis #TheProfit want to invest in next Chipoke? Poke restaurant doing over $1k Rev Per Squ… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 months ago
- 12,678 hits
dustinryen on WHAT YOUR BEER SAYS ABOUT YOU!… dustinryen on My Apologies WordPress, I… Tolkienlibrary.com on How To Use Collective Buying S… Cheri on WHAT YOUR BEER SAYS ABOUT YOU!… soundcloud ripper on Come on over Jameson will buy…